Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

How Long Will You Wait For A BEER?????

I woke up bright and early Saturday morning with eye boogers still in my eyes and a little bit of dried drool on my cheek. Now that I have you're attention I'm sure you'll stick around and read the rest of this post.

I kissed Karen and Jamison good-bye bundled up and set out to get my liquid gold. I walked passed my bacon air freshener, which woke me up a bit, and stepped out into the frigid 1 degree morning. I was headed to Surly Brewery for a chance to purchase liquid gold called Darkness!!

I originally planned on being at the gate at 7:30 am. But I said to myself..."self...don't do it." So I did as I told myself. I got there at 8:30 and there was already a line. The first guy had been there since 1:30 am! There was a little fire up by the front of the line and some clown was laying in a snow bank cocooned in his sleeping bag.


Only 240 people would be getting two bottles of this liquid heaven and I was one of them. The doors opened promptly at 9 am and everyone was given a wrist band. Here I am with my wrist band, lucky number 82. Even though the doors were open, they were not selling the Darkness until 2pm. Now this is where I start getting delirious!!

I figured i'd get my wrist band and go home and back to bed...until...this Surly guy tells everyone that the wrist bands that are now attached to our wrists have 5 tabs that can be cashed in for 5 free beers!! SCORE!! He goes on to tell us that we can hang out in the brewery as long as we want, eat Uncle Frankies hot dogs, Krispie Kreme doughnuts, play frizbie golf listen to the band and just chill.

We watched as the red shirts dragged kegs out of the magic cooler full of beer. The first beer was served at 11 am. I tried to hold back but couldn't resist the urge to have a Coffee Bender an excuse I was going to use to try and wake me up.

Well the Coffee Bender didn't happen but their beer called Smoke was the bomb!! When two o'clock rolled around I was feeling no pain. I ran like I was heading out for recess, when my number was called. I laid down my cash and cradled my two bottles like they were twins. I was not dropping one of these babies....like this guy did. Man did he get the business when that bottle hit the floor.

I made lots of friends that day..imagine that. I made friends with the WCCO camera crew, who interviewed that guy who was at the front of the line. You can see the interview here, and maybe you can hear me heckling them in the background. I also met Ryan and Ben who have started a website about guess what....ah yeah BEER. On this website you can scan ahead and find out what beer is at your favorite place.

I had to call for support to get home after all the fun. But it is so worth it. I slept for two hours when I got home. I plan on opening one bottle on Chistmas Eve. If you can find me I might share some with you. The other bottle I've stored away in my Beer Cellar, for a special occasion. For all of you who missed this awesome even, well there's always next year....or you can check out Ebay where there are two bottles up for bid. Last time I checked the bid for bottle 1 was $150. Bottle 2 was going for $102. Can you believe that?

A onsie for Jamison!!

No comments: