Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Warning Labels On Diapers

If congress can get involved with idiots shooting themselves up with swine enzymes, then I can get involved with something more intense and disgusting. The concern stems from an inccident that occurred not last night but night before. (24 robbers at my door. I woke up let them in, an' hit 'em in the head with a rollin' pin.) Anyway, Jamison and I were sitting watching the fish swimming around the fish tank. When all of a sudden I felt a rumble and a gurgle on my leg. Are you getting a visual yet? I waited a second cause they typically come in three's, that tres if you are bilingual. I looked at little man and he looked back at me or through me with a serious look on his face. Maybe he was concentrating. I'm not sure if he was concentrating on the fish, or what was taking place in his diaper.

Being the concerned Dad that I am, I realize quickly that there had been a serious development. We swoop to the changing table and take a peek. (insert your own swear word here) "Houston we have a problem!" "Danger Will Robinson!!" Not only did little man fill this paper pouch to the brink but it was running north!!
Ewwwww Yuck.

This is where my concern stems from!

I think there should be waring labels on ALL diapers!!!
Why you ask?

1. No one told me that these things leak. They advertise super absorbency and their so called wicking ability. Well why do they leak up their backs!! Someone hypothesized that it was due to having a long crack, if you know what I mean!!

2. Maybe there should be some type of self defense siren attached as well, like the ones you hear when there's a tornado. Wait...I guess I did get a warning, just wasn't a siren.

3. How are you supposed to know when to move from a #1 diaper to a #2 diaper and so on? Don't give me any crap about weight either cuz we don't own a scale.


I'm done...I'm too frazzled and I gotta go wash my hands again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what we have learned with two:
A. They will $%&* up the back.

2. Even if you move with Superman's speed and a surgeon's delicacy, you can't stop the Assplosion - especially if they are bent at the waist.

D. Move from size 1 to 2 when it's happening all the time or whenever you dang-well feel like it. Just do it before he starts school.

BK said...

We put Ian into size 5 right away. We needed a belt for the waist but we never had any problems with too much poop.

Actually, there have been several times where Ian has gone right into the bathtub.

And if you take your baby to the doctor once in a while, they will tell you how much he weighs. I know, that sounds drastic but it might just pay off.